Water Down

>> Sunday, May 23, 2010

We've Trimmed Our Waste Lines and Energized, and now it's time to...

Water Down


There are only two categories in this part of The Conscious Shopper Challenge, but there's a lot to do in each challenge, so I'm stretching it out over four weeks instead of two. Over the next four weeks, I'll challenge you with lots of ways to:
Even if you live in an area where water seems plentiful, it's still important to be conscious of your water consumption. Here in North Carolina, we have a hot humid climate where water seems to flow in abundance. Yet just a few years ago there was a terrible drought, and the greenies around here are in constant discussion about how to protect our polluted and depleting source of water - Falls Lake.

Water is an immensely important resource, both for our own consumption and for the consumption of the plants we depend on for food, and we need to be ever mindful of how we're using it and what we're letting flow into it.

So let's get to it and see if we can water down in 2010. Come back tomorrow for the first water challenge.

**WATER DOWN CHECKLIST** Keep track of your eco-changes by printing this checklist on recycled paper OR be extra green by saving your own editable digital copy.
____________________

You have hereby been challenged to go green in a year without going broke! Check out the last challenge, or view the whole list of Challengicious Mondays. Sign up for my RSS feed, follow me on Twitter, and join my "Go Green without Going Broke" group on Facebook!

3 comments:

Jana May 23, 2010 at 11:16 PM  

Count me in...we've been reducing our electricity usage and I'm going outside right now to reset the sprinklers. Thanks for the reminder.
Jana

DownDoggin in MN May 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

I'm with you too, I'm pretty good with the outdoor water use because my yard is so small it really doesn't need watering. I really need to focus on indoor water usage, especially the long hot shower I take every morning. I'm getting better but some mornings it's tough to get out. I can't wait for the rest of this challenge!

Erin aka Conscious Shopper May 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

@DownDoggin in MN - I love hot showers so much - the hotter the better. Maybe I could convince myself to make it a special treat...like on holidays I get to take a long hot shower or something like that.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP