Quick Tip: Walk Score

>> Monday, October 5, 2009

In the market for a new house? Wouldn't you love to live in a walkable neighborhood?

Enter an address at Walk Score, and they will calculate the walkability of that neighborhood based on the proximity to stores, restaurants, schools, and parks on a scale of 0 to 100 (0 being Driving Only and 100 being a Walkers' Paradise).

Even if you're not planning a move, it's fun to try out your own address in Walk Score to test the walkability of your neighborhood. You might discover that you're closer to more stores and restaurants than you think. Maybe it will convince you to walk more!

Our current house gets a Walk Score of 72 out of 100: Very Walkable.

How does your house score?


Related Posts:

4 comments:

Carrie October 5, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

my house scores pretty well but it counts the karate school as a school and the liquor store as a grocery store so i don't really think it's a useful score.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper October 5, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

@Carrie - Lol! Yeah, Walk Score itself admits that the score is only useful to a point and the best way to tell if a neighborhood is walkable is to actually go there and walk around. But I still think it's fun to know.

Steph @ Greening Families October 6, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

Thanks for the info! We are thinking about moving, in large part to decrease our driving time, so this is exceedingly helpful.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper October 7, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

@Steph - Glad I could help! If you end up moving, you should also check out my Big Green Move Checklist over at the Green Phone Booth. It's been really helpful to me in my own recent move.

http://www.greenphonebooth.com/2009/08/big-green-move-checklist.html

(Sorry, too lazy right now to hyperlink...)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP