Noteworthy Green: Offsetting Your Impact, Red Shoe Bloggers, Green Myths, and More...

>> Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Check out my latest post at The Green Phone Booth: Negative Impact + Positive Impact = No Net Impact.


I kept thinking about it and calculating ways to solve my [car] problem and googling for ways to fit me and three kids on a bike until finally my husband was tired of hearing about it. "You've thought it all through," he said. "You're doing the best you can. Just give it up."

"But I can't!" I said. "Transportation is an area where we could really make a difference, but we're not!"

I've hit a wall in this category. I could sacrifice more but it would involve spending money we don't have or saying bye-bye to good friends because I can't reach their houses by public transportation or making grandparents miserable because they live too far away to see my kids. I could make more sacrifices, but it would make us unhappy. Should saving the planet make us unhappy?

Read more...

And elsewhere on the Internet:

:: Kelly Diels guest posts at Problogger to explain why blogging is like The Wizard of Oz. I love this post and wish I could write that well!

:: Nobel Peace Prize winner Wangari Maathai asks, "Are we on the wrong bus?" and encourages us to have courage to turn the bus around.

:: Maya*made does it again! I love this children's art display made from a priority mailer or cereal box.

:: Wisebread remembers ten retro household helpers that we should all start using again.

:: The Washington Post lists ten off-cited green myths that might be losing you money.

I'm now using Twitter to keep track of my noteworthy green reads. If you'd like instant knowledge of what I find interesting, you can find me on Twitter as consciousshoppr.

  • Looking for a way to get involved? Call your Senators and tell them you support a strong clean energy and climate bill.
Photo by SashaW

3 comments:

Green Bean October 7, 2009 at 11:52 PM  

I adored the maya*made display box. Cannot wait to try that here. Also, that Wisebread post made me want to run out and get a carpet sweeper. Interesting list of best green intentions.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper October 8, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

@Green Bean - I thought the same thing about a feather duster after reading the Wisebread article.

Kelly Diels October 13, 2009 at 11:41 PM  

Erin, thanks so much for the mention and the compliment.

I'm so glad to have found your site, too. I like your approach and it is a great resource. I'm going to tweet you up :)
xo
K

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP