>> Thursday, July 8, 2010
This week's very late travel-related challenge is:
Keep Up with Your Car Maintenance
To complete this challenge, you can...
- Keep your tires properly inflated. Every couple of weeks, use a tire pressure gauge to make sure your tires are inflated to the proper level. Keeping your tires inflated can improve your gas mileage and keep your vehicle performing safely.
- Check your oil at every other fill-up to make sure it's at the proper level. Add more oil if necessary.
- Keep your car clean both inside and out. Cleanliness increases the life of the car and can help maintain its resale value.
- Change your oil according to your car manufacturer's instructions. Frequent oil changes will maximize the life of your vehicle.
- Rotate your tires according to your manufacturer's recommendations or every 6,000 miles.
- Follow your manufacturer's instructions for regular maintenance, and keep a record so you know what you've done. Keeping up with your car maintenance will improve your gas mileage and keep your car on the road longer.
Will you take the challenge?
You have hereby been challenged to go green in a year without going broke! Check out the last challenge, or view the whole list of Challengicious Mondays. Sign up for my RSS feed, follow me on Twitter, and join my "Go Green without Going Broke" group on Facebook!
- Photo by Robert Couse-Baker