>> Monday, March 15, 2010
Mondays are challengicious at The Conscious Shopper. Here's your next trash-related challenge:
To complete this challenge, you can...
- Participate in your local recycling program. Check with your local waste collection to find out how to participate, and remember to find out what can and cannot be recycled in your area.
- Buy recycled products. Complete the loop by looking for products with recycled content whenever possible.
- Recycle everything. Before you throw anything in the trash, ask yourself, "Could this be recycled? How?" Besides your city's recycling collection, many cities have additional recycling stations that collect yard waste, scrap metal, electronics, and appliances. Plus, numerous companies and organizations throughout the country have set up additional recycling programs. Tomorrow, I'll provide you a list of some of the programs I know about.
For more information on recycling, check out:
- Plastics You Might Not Have Known Could Be Recycled
- Quick Post on Recycling
- Quick Tip: Rinsing Cans for Recycling
Will you take the challenge?
You have hereby been challenged to go green in a year without going broke! Check out the last challenge, or view the whole list of Challengicious Mondays. Sign up for my RSS feed, follow me on Twitter, and join my "Go Green without Going Broke" group on Facebook!
- Photo by cogdogblog