January Monthly Budget Round-Up

>> Friday, February 5, 2010

This is how we feel about snow around here.

Monthly Spending (budgeted amount in parentheses)
  • Groceries: $745.10 ($650)
  • Transportation: $165.61 ($150)
  • Energy: $154.11 ($150)
  • Utilities: $42.54 ($50)
  • Entertainment/Miscellaneous: $342.05 ($400)
  • Clothes: $26.91 (no set budget)
  • TOTAL: $1,476.32 ($1,400)

The Numbers:
  • Trash: 4 bags of trash (13 gallon bags); 1 recycling bin with plastic, metal, and glass; 2 paper grocery sacks of paper
  • Miles Driven: 798
  • Average daily electricity use: 26 kWh
  • Average daily water use: 122 gallons

Best of...

Next Month I'll Be...

2 comments:

Wonder-ful February 5, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

Wow, I really wish I kept track of half of that for our home!

I've got mileage and number of trash bags (as exciting as it has been for us) but that's about it.

Keep it up! :)

Erin aka Conscious Shopper February 6, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

@Wonder-ful - I use a program called Wesabe that keeps track of most of it for me. When I first started this blog, I was trying to see if I could go green without killing our budget, so that's why I post my budget every month. Plus, it helps keep my spending in check, knowing I'm going to have to tell the whole world how much I spent.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP