To My Green Triangle Readers

>> Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I would like to start a group blog focused on sustainability in the Triangle, and I'm looking for other writers who might be interested in joining. The blog would cover sustainability issues in the whole Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Garner, Fuquay, Knightdale, Carrboro, Pittsboro, etc. if I'm leaving anyone out). I'm also hoping to put together a group that spans the green spectrum and with interests in a variety of environmentally-related topics, such as the following to name a few:

  • transportation
  • water issues
  • supporting local agriculture
  • supporting local restaurants and shops
  • energy efficient building
  • gardening (backyard and community)
  • healthy and seasonal cooking
  • enjoying nature
  • environmental organizations
  • recycling
  • raising eco-friendly kids
Basically the kinds of topics I cover on this blog but with a local focus. I've tried to write several posts a month focused on Raleigh, but in my experience, group blogs are a) more fun to write for, b) easier to write for and c) more popular than individual blogs. Plus, I'd like to create a central place on the web where people in the Triangle can find information about going green and getting involved in making the Triangle a more eco-friendly place to live.

All blogging experience levels are welcome.

(And I really want to hear from all you Carrboro and Chapel Hill residents! You need to share your wisdom with those of us in Durham and Raleigh!)

If you're interested in this project, you can email me at consciousshopperblog [at] gmail [dot] com.

5 comments:

onelongadventure November 3, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Would Greensboro count? I've enjoyed reading your posts.. and recently we made a worm compost bin, thanks to your idea!

Erin aka Conscious Shopper November 4, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

@onelongadventure - Greensboro is a bit farther than I wanted to go, but I'm sure we'll be looking for guest posts! How's your worm bin going? We've got lots of baby worms!!!

Jeannie,  November 5, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

Great idea! I would be a faithful reader.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper November 5, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

@Jeannie - You don't want to join and be a writer for the blog?

Jenn November 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

Erin- the worm bin is going well! We are keeping it inside in our coat closet. We learned that we weren't feeding them often enough.. the worms started getting restless and escaping. More food = happy worms. No babies yet, just started 1 month ago. Thanks for reply the Triangle posts.. no worries. I will be around to read what everyone else has to contribute! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP