November Round-Up

>> Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm way over in a lot of categories here. Groceries because I stocked up on some things - hopefully, it will even out over the next few months. Transportation costs and mileage because I drove out to Chapel Hill to buy some local wheat. Entertainment/miscellaneous because it was my birthday and we've been sick. Trash because I had a purging episode - mostly through Craigslist, but some things went into the trash - and also because I was low on trash last month.

Monthly Spending (budgeted amount in parentheses)

  • Groceries: $799.95 ($650)
  • Transportation: $175.07 ($150)
  • Energy: $90.33 ($150)
  • Utilities: $42.54 ($50)
  • Entertainment/Miscellaneous: $510.25 ($400)
  • Clothes: $0 (no set budget)
  • TOTAL: $1,618.14 ($1,400)

The Numbers:
  • Trash: 6 bags of trash (13 gallon bags); 1 recycling bin with plastic, metal, and glass; 2 paper grocery sacks of paper
  • Miles Driven: approx. 850 (someone pressed the mileage button, so I lost exact count)
  • Average daily electricity use: 22 kWh
  • Average daily water use: 122 gallons

Best of...

Next Month I'll Be...

2 comments:

Lina December 1, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

I just found your blog and its great! We've been trying to do similar budgeting and I have yet to find a good way to easily keep track of everything - do you have a program or a system you use?

The site is great, I'm adding you to my feed reader!

Erin aka Conscious Shopper December 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

@Lina - Thanks! I use Wesabe, though I'm annoyed with them right now because they made some "improvements" to their site which instead made it incredibly slow. I've also heard good things about Mint.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP