Noteworthy Green: Walkable Cities, Glue Sticks, Sesame Street, and More...

>> Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Check out my latest post at The Green Phone Booth: These Cities Weren't Made for Walking.

My butt is mad at me tonight.

Earlier today, I had a meeting downtown, so I loaded up the stroller - three umbrellas, two kids, one backpack, and a partridge in a pear tree - and hauled all 100 pounds of it up and down North Carolina's hills to the bus stop a half a mile away. We took a quick trip on the bus to my husband's office, and then I deposited the load in my husband's safe hands before heading off to the meeting.

Read more...
And elsewhere on the Internet:

:: As if to prove the point of my Green Phone Booth post, New Raleigh points to a study listing Raleigh as the sixth most dangerous city for pedestrians.

:: Loving Nature's Garden has ten tricks to get kids outdoors.

:: Kelly at The Green Phone Booth gives us the scoop on recycling glue sticks.

:: Planet Green lists 45 foods you can make yourself (but didn't know you could).

:: The Greenists celebrate Sesame Street's attempts to help children go green.

I'm now using Twitter to keep track of my noteworthy green reads. If you'd like instant knowledge of what I find interesting, you can find me on Twitter as consciousshoppr.

Photo by Suzie T

2 comments:

Alison Kerr November 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

Thanks for the link. By the way, your Twitter link isn't working - the one for following you on Twitter. I am @alisonkerr - am I following you already?

Erin aka Conscious Shopper November 12, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

@Alison - Thanks for letting me know. I think it's fixed now, and no, I don't think you're following me already. Great article, by the way!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP