Noteworthy Green: Pumpkin Season, Garden Lessons, Zero Waste, and More...

>> Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Check out my latest post at The Green Phone Booth: In Season.

(Do other bloggers have personal favorite posts? This article is in my top ten favorites of all the articles I've written over the past year.)

"Pumpkin season!" we shout, spotting the sea of pumpkins at the far end of the farmers market.

My boys dash up and down each row, fingers pointing excitedly. "Look at this one! Oooh, this one is so big. Can we get this one?"

We load a hefty white pumpkin into the stroller basket - picturing the grinning ghost we'll carve into its side - then toss in a couple pie pumpkins for good measure.

Read more...

And elsewhere on the Internet:

:: Greenhab hosts this month's APLS Carnival on "proselytizing green." Very cool topic.

:: Jaime from Green Resolutions guest posts at The Green Phone Booth to share a list of lessons she learned from her first garden.

:: The New York Times reports that zero waste is moving into the mainstream.

:: Also from the New York Times, a study from the National Academy of Sciences shows that "burning fossil fuels costs the United States about $120 billion a year in health costs."

:: An article from Grist asks, "So what if global warming is a hoax?" My sentiments exactly.

:: Last week, Carrie from It's Frugal Being Green mentioned on her weekly meal plan post, "I’m indulging in more fall flavors this week (might be my favorite food season)." That got me thinking...What's my favorite food season? I think probably early summer for strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, and corn. What's your favorite food season?

I'm now using Twitter to keep track of my noteworthy green reads. If you'd like instant knowledge of what I find interesting, you can find me on Twitter as consciousshoppr.
  • Looking for a way to get involved? Participate in the International Day of Climate Action on October 24 (that's Saturday!). Find an action near you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP