My Top Ten Favorite Posts

>> Thursday, October 22, 2009

I admitted a few weeks ago that sometimes lately I haven't enjoyed blogging. I've given a lot of thought to the reasons why, and one of those reasons is that many of my most popular posts (as in the posts that are viewed or commented on the most) are also my least favorites. Particularly my post Make Your Own: Homemade Febreze, which has been my most viewed post since I wrote it in August.

I'm glad I wrote that post because it has brought a lot of traffic to my blog, but I wrote it in about 15 minutes and it includes several recipes from other sources (not original content). With all the other posts that I've spent hours on and tried to show off my creativity and writing skills, it bugs the crap out of me that the post most people want to read is a recipe for homemade febreze.

So I decided to make a list of the posts I like the most - the ones where I think I was most creative, witty, or original and the ones I still think about sometimes. (It seems strange to say that I'm influenced by my own writing. I hope that doesn't sound conceited because I'm influenced by many other people's writing too! But I think that it's through my own writing that I process and develop my thoughts. Anyone else have that experience?)

Anyway, here are the posts that I've written that I love the most (in no particular order), some from The Conscious Shopper and some from The Green Phone Booth.

:: Clean, Green, and Fair for Everyone

:: Do It Yourself, But Do What You Enjoy

:: The 80/20 Rule for Going Green

:: How to Lower Your Grocery Bill by Not Following My Example

:: The Poor Man's Dilemma: How to Save Money When Living Paycheck to Paycheck

:: Do Personal Choices Matter? Yes, yes, yes!

:: Overcoming Green Envy

:: The Daily Dinner Battle

:: A Strong Community Equals a Happy Planet

:: In Season

Do you have favorite posts from your own blogs? I'd love to read some of your favorite writing!

6 comments:

Green Bean October 22, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

That is funny because I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes, I write a post that I absolutely love and it gets almost no comments. Other posts that I give much less thought to are very popular. Who knows!!

Cherie October 22, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

I've given you the Kreativ Blogger award. You can collect it here: http://renaissancegardenblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/kreativ-blogger-award.html
Keep up the great blogging!

Anonymous,  October 22, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

I found your blog only a short time ago. I do enjoy reading it, especially the more localized and personalized pieces. Please continue to blog and tell us more about how you blend an ideal green life into real life. Everyone seems to be so eager to jump on the proverbial green bandwagon these days. However, many do not truly embrace it. You do! You are a role model.

Brenda Pike October 23, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

It seems like your favorite posts are the bigger-picture, more contemplative ones, and I think that can be tough for a blog. People seem to want specific tips for what they can do or specific vignettes from your life to illustrate something. But I think you do a good job of melding the two styles in the Poor Man's Dilemma and the 80/20 Rule.

This seems to be a struggle for other blogs, too. (Not me--I'm still so new I hardly have any readers!) For example, I used to be a huge fan of The Simple Dollar, but it seems to have gotten away from helpful strategies to be frugal and become a lot more philosophical about "the good life" lately. But if that's the way he wants to go, more power to him. I'm sure his readership will shift to reflect that, and yours would, too.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper October 24, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

@Brenda - You're absolutely right. I've tried balancing my posts between the informative ones like tips and recipes and the more philosophical ones, but it's definitely the latter that I prefer to write. I think it has a lot to do with where I am on my green journey. When I first started blogging, I hated blogs that had too much personal info and not enough specific info about how they did it. And now I'm on the opposite end.

Lisa Sharp October 25, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

You won an award on my blog-
http://retrohousewife05.blogspot.com/2009/10/over-top-award.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP