Noteworthy Green: Not In Season, Green Halloween, Coal River Mountain, and More...

>> Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Check out my latest post at The Green Phone Booth: In Season? Not so much...

My last post here at the Booth was my tribute to seasonal eating. "Jackie" commented on that post:
I'm having such a hard time with this right now. The eco-geek in me REALLLLLY wants to eat as locally and seasonally as possible, but truth be told, I don't like winter veggies very much here in Chicago. I'm not quite sure how to get around that one small fact, other than canning or freezing, which I am too late to do. Your comment about feeling deprived rings true and hard for me. Any suggestions??
I thought this was a great question, so I wanted to open it up to all of you and get your insights.

Read more...
And elsewhere on the Internet:

:: Green Halloween has the best list of alternate "treats" I've ever seen. I'm wishing now that I didn't already buy those organic lollipops.

:: Whip Up has another refashion round up. Love these!

:: Courtney at The Greenists says, "I'd like to buy the world a non-carcinogenic, responsibly packaged, healthier alternative to Coke." I just really, really like that title.

:: Fake Plastic Fish ran into Jackson Browne and got him to rant about bottled water. So cool!

:: Grist describes a very interesting study that indicates that junk food is as addictive as heroin.

:: Smart Family Tips has a yummy looking soup mix recipe for those of you that are under the weather.

I'm now using Twitter to keep track of my noteworthy green reads. If you'd like instant knowledge of what I find interesting, you can find me on Twitter as consciousshoppr.

Photo by Jonathan Talbot

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP