The Reason I Don't Go to Target Anymore

>> Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I had to swing over to Target today to fill First Son's school supply list, and besides glue, pencils, and crayons, I walked out of the store with a gift for my husband (that I'm holding on to until Christmas) and a silicone "brownie cup" pan that we're using to make popsicles. Because we were running late, we also had lunch at the little Target restaurant. Plus, any time I pass by the clothing department at Target, I feel like a total fashion dweeb and am reminded of how much I like Target clothing (so much so that half the time when I pick something out at the thrift store, it turns out to be a Target brand - or from The Gap.)

When I'm not at Target, I don't feel any desire to buy those things. And that is the reason I try not to go to Target anymore.

4 comments:

Green Bean August 19, 2009 at 1:34 AM  

I'm with you. I save so much money when I don't go to Target. And I feel better too.

Maren Hansen August 19, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Ditto, though it's not the clothes, I have trouble w/the impulse buys at Target. Better just to not go... :)

Cherie August 19, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Yes, you're right. They know how to *get you.* I've read several books on the psychology of shopping and it's scary. The marketeers know us better than we know ourselves.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper August 19, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

@Green Bean - Yes, Target is a money trap. Better just to stay away.

@Maren - You know the other place I have a problem with impulse buys? Ikea. It's really a good thing we don't live close to one anymore.

@Cherie - Those marketers are so sneaky! The dollar section, and the end of the aisle "deals." It's like I walk into Target and I become a dummy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP