Noteworthy Green: Big Green Move, The Omnivore's Delusion, Superhero Capes, and More...

>> Thursday, August 20, 2009

Check out my latest post at The Green Phone Booth: The Big Green Move Checklist.

My husband and I have moved six times in the seven and a half years of our marriage, and I'm sick, sick, sick of moving. Every move has its annoying qualities, but this one has been particularly annoying because I focused so much during the last year on greening our life, and I feel like in many ways I'm starting all over. Except that I can't remember what it was I did in the first place.

I'm a big fan of itemized lists with little boxes for checking, so I decided that what I need is a "green moving list." And since JessTrev is in the middle of a move and a Green Phone Booth reader (Cath) commented on my last post that she will be moving soon also, I thought I'd make this list available to all of you as well. Read more...
And elsewhere on the Internet:

:: Tom Philpott at Grist responds to "The Omnivore's Delusion: Against the Agri-Intellectuals" (a popular article that attempted to debunk the sustainable food movement).

:: Imagine Childhood has directions for how to make a butterfly net.

:: Floating World Views provides instructions for making a child's superhero cape.

:: Peppermags shows us some solar power tiles that blend into a clay-roofing system such as on Spanish style homes. Pretty cool!

:: Renaissance Garden reveals that "all the tote bags received at Old Navy come wrapped in individual plastic bags which are removed and discarded prior to being displayed." Holy cow!

2 comments:

Green Bean August 22, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

The Old Navy thing is ridiculous. I remember, last year, reading how The Gap and maybe Old Navy tossed all their plastic hangers after using, instead of reusing them for new clothes coming in.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper August 22, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

@green bean - Wow! That is so disheartening. Another reason to shop at thrift stores.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP