Noteworthy Green: Hobbit Homes, The People's Portable Garden, Big Box Mart, and More...

>> Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Check out my post this week on the Green Phone Booth: Home Sweet Hobbit Home.

The house is way out in the country, set midway up a large wooded hill. As you pull into the drive, you might not realize that it's a hobbit house. With it's brick facade and overhanging eaves, it looks almost like any other house.

But as you pull up a little closer, you might realize that the roof doesn't peak the way most roofs do. In fact, it curves a little bit. And there are plants growing on top. Read more...

And elsewhere on the Internet:


::Grist explains why a gust of wind or a negligent crop duster is really bad news for an organic farmer.

::According to Simply Green, you can donate all of your clothes to charity (not just those you think can be sold) because textile recyclers buy the unwearable clothing. I don't think this is true for all thrift stores, but at least for Goodwill.

::The Simple Dollar has a nice article about aligning your frugality with your values.

::The Utne Reader offers one city's solution to unsightly undeveloped land and a desire for more community garden space: The People's Portable Garden.

::JibJab has the funniest cartoon that explains perfectly why I avoid shopping at Walmart.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP