December Round-Up

>> Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Monthly Spending (budgeted amount in parentheses)

  • Groceries: $594.77 ($500)
  • Transportation: $225.55 ($300)
    • Although still way under budget, this is our highest transportation spending in Raleigh so far, mainly due to a trip to Philly for Thanksgiving.
  • Electricity: $81.03 ($150)
    • Ha! Even better than last month, even with the heat turned on. Hope that means my efforts in energy efficiency have been paying off.
  • Water/Sewer: $20.07 ($50)
  • Entertainment/Miscellaneous: $263.90 ($300)
    • Aaaah, much better....We still have room for improvement in this category, though. We have a problem with itty bitty spending here and there that all adds up to a whole lot of wasted money.
  • Clothes: $85.36 (no set budget)
    • This was all birthday money for me and First Son, so I didn't include it in the total. About a third was bought at thrift stores.
  • TOTAL: $1,185.32 ($1,300)

Trash Report: 6 bags of trash (13 gallon bags); 2 bags of plastic and glass each, 3 bags of metal and paper each (reusable bags about the size of a paper grocery bag)


Changes I Made This Month:
  1. Wrapped up my paper changes, so now I'm a 100% recycled girl.
  2. Committed to buying eggs and milk from the farmer's market. Also buying organic cheese at the grocery store. Still working on finding a good source of ice cream.
  3. Worked on cutting back my energy usage.
Goals for Next Month
  1. I plan to take a look at some of my beauty and hygiene products in the next few months. I already do pretty well in that area, but I've been experimenting with some DIY projects and want to report my findings.
  2. It's Christmas, so the big goal is to stay in the budget!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP