How to Get Your Kids to Eat Salad (Put flowers in it!!!)

>> Friday, June 11, 2010


Mix a mesclun salad mix with strawberries, toasted walnuts, green onions, and the pansies that you need to pick out of your garden and replace with the more summery petunias, and drizzle with a basic balsamic vinaigrette. A salad no child could resist!

Balsamic Vinaigrette

MAKES 1/4 cup
COST: $0.80

1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. dark brown sugar, optional
salt and pepper to taste
  • Mix ingredients thoroughly and pour on salad.
____________________

You have hereby been challenged to go green in a year without going broke! Check out the last challenge, or view the whole list of Challengicious Mondays. Sign up for my RSS feed, follow me on Twitter, and join my "Go Green without Going Broke" group on Facebook!

4 comments:

Sense of Home June 11, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

That salad looks delicious!

Carrie June 11, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

surely the prettiest salad i've ever seen

Emily June 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

Laughing, because my 5 year old said, I love strawberries, but 'EW' there's a flower in it! :)

Erin aka Conscious Shopper June 12, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

@Emily - Funny! I bet you can guess which one of my kids wasn't keen on the flowers either.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP