>> Tuesday, April 6, 2010
This post is for my Triangle readers.
Many of you know that I'm involved with several groups that are working to build up and establish community gardens in the area: the Raleigh Community Gardeners, Triangle Area Homesteaders, and the Advocates for Health in Action.
I'm pleased to tell you that there's a lot going on with community gardens in Raleigh, and specifically, there are two big events coming up that you need to know about.
EVENT #1: Kick-off Event for Alliance Medical Community Garden Featuring Will Allen
- When: April 6 from 6-8pm
- Where: Alliance Medical Ministry
- What: Kick-off the planned community garden at Alliance Medical Ministries and meet Will Allen. Inter-Faith Food Shuttle’s Catering With A Cause will provide food for the reception.
- Contact: RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-250-0043
EVENT #2: Dig In!
- When: April 17 from 9 am -12:30 pm
- Where: Marbles Children's Museum
- What: Learn about the benefits of starting a community garden, attend presentations describing how how to start, maintain, and manage a garden, browse booths with info about gardening, and meet fellow Wake County residents interested in gardening.
- Contact: Register to attend DIG IN here!