Two Events Triangle Residents Won't Want to Miss

>> Tuesday, April 6, 2010

This post is for my Triangle readers.

Many of you know that I'm involved with several groups that are working to build up and establish community gardens in the area: the Raleigh Community Gardeners, Triangle Area Homesteaders, and the Advocates for Health in Action.

I'm pleased to tell you that there's a lot going on with community gardens in Raleigh, and specifically, there are two big events coming up that you need to know about.

EVENT #1: Kick-off Event for Alliance Medical Community Garden Featuring Will Allen

  • When: April 6 from 6-8pm
  • Where: Alliance Medical Ministry
  • What: Kick-off the planned community garden at Alliance Medical Ministries and meet Will Allen. Inter-Faith Food Shuttle’s Catering With A Cause will provide food for the reception.
  • Contact: RSVP to cece@foodshuttle.org or call 919-250-0043
I'm going to be out of town for this event and am so completely bummed. Will Allen is the founder of Growing Power, Inc., and one of my food heroes. We're very lucky to have him come back to Raleigh.


EVENT #2: Dig In!
  • When: April 17 from 9 am -12:30 pm
  • Where: Marbles Children's Museum
  • What: Learn about the benefits of starting a community garden, attend presentations describing how how to start, maintain, and manage a garden, browse booths with info about gardening, and meet fellow Wake County residents interested in gardening.
  • Contact: Register to attend DIG IN here!
I've been involved with planning this event and am super excited about it. It's on the morning of Raleigh's Planet Earth Celebration, so you'll be downtown that day anyway, right? Might as well come learn how to start a garden in your neighborhood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP