Noteworthy Green: Drink Pouch Brigade, Toilet Paper Advent, Ribbon Spool Ornaments, and More...

>> Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Check out my latest post at The Green Phone Booth:

Drink Pouch Brigade


I don't have much time to write a post tonight. I spent the evening up to my elbows in soapy suds tainted with the sweet smell of slightly fermented "juice"...I've joined my son's school's drink pouch brigade.

Rotating with three other mothers, I pick up the week's load of drink pouches from the school cafeteria, snip the tops off, wash them out, dry them, and then return them to the school. All so the school can get $.02 per pouch.

Read more...
And elsewhere on the Internet:

:: Grist's Tom Laskawy has a very interesting article about the pros and cons of Whole Foods' plan to build mobile slaughterhouses.

:: maya*made's toilet paper roll advent calendars from this year and last year are da bomb. Can I gush anymore about how much I love maya*made?

:: Pragmatic Environmentalism writes, "To save energy, use the dishwasher?" Yes!

:: Imagine Childhood has one very awesome way to get a Christmas tree.

:: The Daily Green claims that "everything you know about going green is wrong."

:: KitchenStewardship provides an extensive list of ideas for repurposing kitchen containers.

:: Quince and Quire has come up with a way to recycle ribbon spools and last year's Christmas cards in the same crafty project.

:: My favorite food writer, Tom Philpott, writes at Grist about our inequitable food system. Besides his own great comments, all of the articles linked to in that post are worth a look.


I'm now using Twitter to keep track of my noteworthy green reads. If you'd like instant knowledge of what I find interesting, you can find me on Twitter as
consciousshoppr.

And don't forget to send me your submissions to this month's APLS Carnival!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP