Noteworthy Green: Trees, Recycling, Indoor Shoes, and More...

>> Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Check out my latest posts at The Green Phone Booth: Make Like a Tree, and Leave...

"My husband spent three hours getting the leaves out of our yard last weekend," a friend told me. "An hour to blow them all into a pile, and then two hours to bag them all up."

"Wow!" I replied casually, but inside I was screaming. Why, oh why, did he waste time getting the leaves out of his yard??? I want more leaves in my yard! We don't have any trees, and although we got enough leaves from our neighbors' trees to do this...

Read more...

and Are You Smarter Than a Tenth Grader?
My mom runs the virtual lab at a high school (that's the computer lab where students can take online classes), and she sent me the following email today:
I've got a student assignment where they have a list of products that can be recycled and have to tell what those products can be recycled into. I've spent a half hour on google and can't find a good website. I'd like one that covers most of the products. Know any? The products are--food waste, yard waste, plastic, metal, glass, paper, and cardboard.
I sent back a quick reply and then started thinking...Do I know what those products are recycled into?

Read more...

And elsewhere on the Internet:

:: Time magazine reports that Sesame Street taught children to be conscious TV viewers - and oh yeah, their ABCs.

:: Maya*made is a genius! Napkin holders out of security envelopes. I would have never thought of that.

:: The Simple Dollar flashes back to his reader's 25 best actions for saving money.

:: The Scrap Exchange has four fun videos with ways to reuse cardboard.

:: Tom Philpott discusses ways and whys the government needs to rebuild ag infrastructure for small farmers.

:: Kitchen Stewardship suggests having a pair of shoes only for indoors. Interesting idea. I usually wear slippers in the winter, but Katie suggests that shoes keep your feet from hurting and keep you productive.

I'm now using Twitter to keep track of my noteworthy green reads. If you'd like instant knowledge of what I find interesting, you can find me on Twitter as consciousshoppr.
Photo by chrissatchwell.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP