Seasonal Recipes Time!

>> Monday, September 7, 2009

I'll be doing another post with seasonal recipes on Thursday, so if you have any awesome recipes, email them to me at consciousshopperblog at gmail dot com. Or post them on your personal blog and email me the link.

To find out what's in season in your area, you can google "produce availability" and the name of your state, or choose your state on PickYourOwn.org. The latter has to be the worst designed and yet most valuable website I've seen. Anything you want to know about pick-your-own farms and preserving foods can be found there.

If you live in North Carolina, you will likely see the following fruits and vegetables at the farmer's market this month: apples, cabbage, corn, grapes, green beans, leafy greens, peaches, peanuts, pumpkin, squash, sweet potatoes, and tomatoes.

Related Posts:

2 comments:

greeen sheeep September 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

I have two awesome books on seasonal recipes you should check out:

From Asparagus to Zucchini
This is an awesome guide to cooking farm-fresh seasonal produce! It has information on 53 different vegetables and herbs, cooking and storage tips, and of course recipes.

In Season by Sarah Raven
This is a wonderful hard-cover book organized by month and the produce that is in season within it. The pictures are beautiful and the recipes are delicious. It is packed with them! Over 400 pages of fresh seasonal deliciousness.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper September 8, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

@greeen sheeep - Awesome! Thanks. I'll have to look for these.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP