Noteworthy Green: Bean to Bar Chocolate, Jeans Quilts, Back to School, and More...

>> Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Check out my latest post at The Green Phone Booth: Chocolate: From Bean to Bar.

Several weeks ago, my local science museum hosted a special lecture by Raleigh chocolate maker Hallot Parson of Escazu Chocolates. The ad promised "sample chocolates made from several varieties of bean sourced from Costa Rica and Venezuela." No way will you ever see me turning down free chocolate, so hubby got babysitting duty and I headed off to my very first chocolate tasting. Read more...

And elsewhere on the Internet:

:: Man vs. Debt suggests 25 ways to save money with do-it-yourself projects in the kitchen, in the bathroom, and during the holidays.

:: Garden & Gun Magazine includes a lovely piece explaining why Chapel Hil is the "pat of butter in a sea of grits." I think a lot of this could apply to Raleigh as well and explains why I love this area so much.

:: It's Not Easy Being Green lists several projects for repurposing old jeans. I have a jeans quilt that my mom made out of the jeans we wore when we were growing up. I love it!

:: The New American Dream has a handy checklist for environmentally-friendly back to school supplies.

:: The Purl Bee provides a tutorial for making an adorable cloth lunch bag. I want a sewing machine!

:: The Grass Stain Guru asks us to stand up for childhood! Will you take the pledge?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP