Noteworthy Green: Green Envy, Flower Pod Stamps, The Pill, and More...

>> Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Check out my latest post at the Green Phone Booth: Overcoming Green Envy.

But after a few months of reading, I began to feel a new, uncomfortable feeling: green envy. Those bloggers seemed to have all the latest green technologies and toys. Their houses were decorated with beautiful sustainable materials. They wore eco-friendly clothing and drove energy efficient cars. Their children played with handmade toys made from natural materials, and they would have never let their babies drink from a plastic bottle.

I began to feel like an olive green gal blogging in a crayon box filled with forest greens. I can't afford all that stuff - green or not! And if I'm not buying all those "green" products, does that make me less green? Read more...

And other items of interest:


:: Eilleen at the Simple-Green-Frugal Co-op gives some amazing tips for reconstructing clothing. I really need a sewing machine...

:: Maya*made has examples of how to use flowers and pods for stamping fabric and material. Love it!

:: Green Bean at The Green Phone Booth has the most beautiful frontyard edible garden I've ever seen.

:: EcoYogini overshares about her use of the pill, but it was very interesting so I'm glad she did.

:: The New American Dream takes a historical look at the clothesline and invites you to post a picture of your clothesline on their Facebook page. Does my indoor clothesline count?

:: Greening Families provides information on how to turn your backyard into a wildlife habitat - and then get your yard certified with the National Wildlife Federation.


3 comments:

Eco Yogini August 13, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

Thanks so much for the shout-out! I'm glad that you enjoyed my 'overshare' lol. :)

I also loved Green Bean's garden- so fantastic! And I really liked your green envy post. It was perfect timing for me. :)

Blessings!

Steph @ Greening Families August 14, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

Thanks for the mention! My love for the National Wildlife Federation has definitely grown this year; they have some wonderful programs.

Thanks also for the link to Simple, Green, Frugal's post. I'm taking sewing lessons next month and her article really got me excited to begin.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper August 15, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

@Eco Yogini - I love when people overshare. Most of the time, it's exactly the kind of information I need but no one else will talk about!

@Steph - Oh, I'm jealous about your sewing classes. I really want to learn.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP