Noteworthy Green: Daily Dinner Battles, Yellow Banana Slugs. PVC-free Back to School, and More...

>> Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Check out my latest post at The Green Phone Booth: The Daily Dinner Battle.

5:00. It's dinnertime. I know it's coming...

"Momma! What's for dinner?"

I hate that question. I dread it. I avoid answering it at all possible costs. Because I know what the response will be.

"I don't like ____ (fill in the blank with most vegetables, some fruits, anything with tomato sauce, anything slightly spicy...really anything that doesn't get its main flavor from cheddar cheese)." And then the next comment is always an emphatic, "I'm not going to eat it!" Read more...

And elsewhere on the Internet:

::Everybody's talking about Chipotle these days! Allie's Answers looks at the greener side of this restaurant chain.

::Peppermags has a link to some awesome lamps made out of recycled cassette tapes.

::Eco Yellow Pages tells us how to stop receiving a phone book. Really, in this computer age, who needs one anymore?

::The New York Times explains how white roofs can lower your air-conditioning costs by 20 percent.

::Nicholas D. Kristoff at the New York Times laments that "so few kids these days know what happens when you lick a big yellow banana slug."

::Fake Plastic Fish explains what's so wrong with PVC and provides a link to a guide for PVC-free school supplies.


If you live in Raleigh, be sure to remember my More (Summer) Fun, Less Stuff Raleigh event guide. I update it weekly!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP