Noteworthy Green: Daily Dinner Battles, Yellow Banana Slugs. PVC-free Back to School, and More...
>> Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Check out my latest post at The Green Phone Booth: The Daily Dinner Battle.
5:00. It's dinnertime. I know it's coming...
"Momma! What's for dinner?"
I hate that question. I dread it. I avoid answering it at all possible costs. Because I know what the response will be.
"I don't like ____ (fill in the blank with most vegetables, some fruits, anything with tomato sauce, anything slightly spicy...really anything that doesn't get its main flavor from cheddar cheese)." And then the next comment is always an emphatic, "I'm not going to eat it!" Read more...
And elsewhere on the Internet:
::Everybody's talking about Chipotle these days! Allie's Answers looks at the greener side of this restaurant chain.
::Peppermags has a link to some awesome lamps made out of recycled cassette tapes.
::Eco Yellow Pages tells us how to stop receiving a phone book. Really, in this computer age, who needs one anymore?
::The New York Times explains how white roofs can lower your air-conditioning costs by 20 percent.
::Nicholas D. Kristoff at the New York Times laments that "so few kids these days know what happens when you lick a big yellow banana slug."
::Fake Plastic Fish explains what's so wrong with PVC and provides a link to a guide for PVC-free school supplies.
If you live in Raleigh, be sure to remember my More (Summer) Fun, Less Stuff Raleigh event guide. I update it weekly!

0 comments:
Post a Comment