A Momentous Occasion...I Finally Joined Twitter

>> Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Well, folks. I did it. After being a long avowed Twitter hater, I finally broke down and joined Twitter. And I can explain why in four simple words: I got an iPhone.

Remember that post about how I needed a new laptop? Well, my cell phone also broke at about the same time (and I mean literally broke - the screen cracked.) I went without for two months, driving my mother mad because she could never reach me, while I debated all sorts of computer and cell phone related solutions. I finally decided to go with the iPhone because it can do most of what I did on my laptop but it fits better in my purse. What the iPhone can't do, I'm doing on our old desktop, and when it dies (any day now), I'm getting a Mac.

But one problem I've found with the iPhone so far is that Blogger doesn't work on it, so my usual way of keeping track of links I like for my Noteworthy Green posts isn't working anymore. And that's where Twitter comes in.

I'm still trying to figure it out, and it's still possible that my Twitter hate will take over and I'll abandon the whole idea. But if you're looking for me on Twitter, I'm "consciousshoppr" - note no "e" in the shopper part. Stupid Twitter says my username is too long.

And if you have any tips for figuring out this Twitter thing, I'm all ears.

6 comments:

Green Bean August 26, 2009 at 12:18 AM  

Well lookie here!! What excitement. It took me a while to get in to Twitter so be patient. I've got to say that, these days, I prefer Twitter to Facebook by a mile.

jacklyn August 26, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

download the blogpress app for your iphone. it's how i mobile blog via blogger on my iphone.

Carrie August 26, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

my twitter advice is to dive in head first. twitter only remembers things about 1.5 weeks back so no mistake with scar you forever.

i've also been reading twitip.com

Erin aka Conscious Shopper August 26, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

@Green Bean - I haven't gotten into Facebook either, but now that I have the iPhone, I can see myself getting addicted to Facebook and Twitter. My mom is so addicted - she never puts her iPhone down!

@Jacklyn - Thanks for the tip! I'm going to check out that app!

@Carrie - Great! So no matter what I do, I can't look like an idiot forever.

Eco Yogini September 2, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

we are getting a mac this week toO!!! YAY! since Andrew is 'technically' still a student (one week left) mac is giving out free ipod touches with a new computer (and like you, ours is about ready to spontaneously combust).

i also hate twitter..... but am thinking it will be like facebook and i will crumble to the pressure.

Good luck!

Erin aka Conscious Shopper September 2, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

@Eco Yogini - So far Twittering hasn't been as bad as I thought. I still think it can be a waste of time, but it has helped me keep track of links I like.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP