Go See Food Inc.

>> Monday, July 27, 2009

Food Inc.
directed by Robert Kenner

Rating: *****

I hesitated to write a review of Food Inc. simply because there are already so many reviews out there by journalists who are far better at writing reviews than I am. But then I thought of the family and friends who read my blog and no other green blogs and who aren't likely to be found doing Google searches for "Food Inc. reviews." What if they hadn't heard what a fantastic documentary this is? And what if no one has already told them they have to go see this film?

So I sat down to write a review and found myself faced with a problem. Is there a word that means the opposite of writer's block? In trying to write this review, I found myself so full of things to say that I couldn't organize anything into a coherent thought. All of the ideas and images from the film wanted to spill out of my brain more quickly than my typing fingers could handle, but the thoughts were disjointed and unconnected, and I quickly realized that I was giving the entire film away without doing it justice.

While writing this blog for the past year, I have read and researched and learned all about our broken food system, and I would have described myself as pretty informed. Even so, I walked away from this film knowing more than I had before. Food Inc. sums up the entire argument beautifully in 94 minutes - touching on everything from fast food to CAFOs to corn to obesity to GMOs to diabetes to abused farm workers to e-coli to so much more.

Food Inc. is everything a documentary should be. I teared up within the first fifteen minutes, felt like throwing up later in the film, and left the theatre deeply moved and inspired to continue fighting for changes in our food system.

So in the end, I've decided that the best thing I can say: Go see Food Inc.

Find the nearest theatre and go see it as soon as you possibly can. And then come back here, and let's talk about it. I know you will have plenty to say.


Related Posts



2 comments:

Green Bean July 28, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

I really really do want to go see it. Keep trying to drag the hubster. I'll give it another go next date night.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper July 29, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

Green Bean - It's awesome. I hope you get to see it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP