Spotlight on Raleigh: Smart Commute Challenge

>> Friday, May 1, 2009


If you're looking to reduce your carbon footprint, or just save money on transportation, here's a challenge from GoTriangle to get you started:

The SmartCommute Challenge is an annual non-profit public service campaign that works to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality in the Triangle.

From April 15 through May 30, any employee or college student who commutes to work or campus in Wake, Durham, or Orange County can participate. To enter the Challenge, make your online pledge that at least once before May 30 you will carpool, vanpool, bike or walk, ride the bus, or telework (work from home).

Everyone who takes the Challenge will be entered into a drawing to win one of several PRIZES, including $2,500 cash!

That's the easiest challenge ever! You only have to be a Smart Commuter one time before May 30th to be eligible for prizes. What could be easier than that?

Will your one smart commute make a difference? Well, the Smart Commute Challenge website asserts that "last year, during the Challenge, the more than 12,000 Triangle drivers who took the Challenge saved over 1.7 million pounds of CO2. That’s the annual carbon footprint of 43 Americans, or about 4 softball teams!"

So take a few minutes and sign up...You won't lose anything, and you might gain $2,500!


Related Posts

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP