>> Saturday, May 16, 2009
We were pretty close to being on target this month. Low on groceries, but high on everything else since we made a trip up to Maryland to finally sell our house there.
In the next coming weeks, we will be moving to another rental - this time a small house near downtown Raleigh. Our kids will have a small backyard to play in, and we'll also be closer to my husband's office as well as within walking/biking distance of First Son's school, the library, parks, and grocery stores. So I plan on redoing the budget soon after we move.
Monthly Spending (budgeted amount in parentheses)
- Groceries: $460.61 ($500)
- Transportation: $279.63 ($300.00)
- Electricity: $90.62 ($150)
- Water/Sewer: $26.69 ($50)
- Entertainment/Miscellaneous: $483.19 ($300)
- Clothes: $0 (no set budget)
- TOTAL: $1,340.74 ($1,300)
Trash Report: 4 bags of trash (13 gallon bags); 1 bag each of glass, plastic, metal, and paper (reusable bags about the size of a paper grocery bag).
Changes I Made This Month:
Goals for Next Month:
- Since we're going to be moving again this month, I think it would be best if I didn't try to make any specific changes this month. You can expect more talk about greening my grocery bill and going organic.