May Round Up

>> Saturday, May 16, 2009

We were pretty close to being on target this month. Low on groceries, but high on everything else since we made a trip up to Maryland to finally sell our house there.

In the next coming weeks, we will be moving to another rental - this time a small house near downtown Raleigh. Our kids will have a small backyard to play in, and we'll also be closer to my husband's office as well as within walking/biking distance of First Son's school, the library, parks, and grocery stores. So I plan on redoing the budget soon after we move.


Monthly Spending (budgeted amount in parentheses)

  • Groceries: $460.61 ($500)
  • Transportation: $279.63 ($300.00)
  • Electricity: $90.62 ($150)
  • Water/Sewer: $26.69 ($50)
  • Entertainment/Miscellaneous: $483.19 ($300)
  • Clothes: $0 (no set budget)
  • TOTAL: $1,340.74 ($1,300)

Trash Report: 4 bags of trash (13 gallon bags); 1 bag each of glass, plastic, metal, and paper (reusable bags about the size of a paper grocery bag).


Changes I Made This Month:

Goals for Next Month:
  • Since we're going to be moving again this month, I think it would be best if I didn't try to make any specific changes this month. You can expect more talk about greening my grocery bill and going organic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP