Noteworthy Green: Shopping Malls, Easter Eggs, Vinegar, and More

>> Wednesday, April 15, 2009

::MSNBC points to a study that "looked at necropsy reports of more than 400 [leatherback turtles] that have died since 1885 and found plastic in the digestive systems of more than a third of the animals."

::The News and Observer provides information about financial incentives for home retrofits and other "green" upgrades.

::Lisa Selin Davis at Grist reveals how a shopping mall can be turned into a city.

::The Greenest Dollar lists ways to green your Easter, including all natural ways to dye eggs. I am definitely doing this next year!

::Nicholas D. Kristoff at the New York Times discusses the controversial topic of factory farming and animal rights with Peter Singer, author of the landmark book Animal Liberation.

::Thomas L. Friedman at the New York Times illustrates how Costa Rica has preserved it's biodiversity by "insisting that economic growth and environmentalism work together."

::Envirambo at the Green Phone Booth reminds us to be less judgmental of those who are not as far along on the green path.

::Simple, Green, Frugal provides 20 household uses for vinegar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP