Noteworthy Green: My "Why Doesn't Everybody Do This?" List for Going Green and More

>> Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Since it's Earth Day, I thought I'd add a little bonus list to this week's Noteworthy Green. Here, in no particular order, is my top 5, easy peasy, "Why doesn't everybody do this?" list for going green:

1. Put a reusable bag in your purse, backpack, or glove compartment.

I admit it can be hard to remember to bring your cloth bags to the grocery store, but you can at least put one bag in a place that's going to go with you every time you go to the store. I keep a reusable bag in my purse, and I use it for quick runs to the drugstore, thrift store, or clothing store. Or you can just say, "I don't need a bag, thanks."

2. Use a reusable water bottle and/or thermos.

If my kids can do it, you can do it.

3. Use a Keeper.

The menstrual cup has to be the best kept secret yet most amazing product on the market. Every woman should have one.

4. Make your own household cleaners.

It only takes a minute and saves oodles of money (not to mention avoiding toxic chemicals).

5. Change your lightbulbs.

As I said yesterday, if you haven't done it yet, do it now. You have no excuse.


And now for this week's news roll:

::SmartFamilyTips suggests safer alternatives to Teflon. I'm in the market, so I found this post very useful.

::Greening Families describes the EPA's plan to test chemicals in pesticides to see if they are endocrine disrupters.

::Frugaldad provides a guest post called "The Three Most Influential Lessons My Parents Taught Me." Great info for parents!

::SoundMoneyMatters suggests a 10-10-10 rule for purchases: “What will the consequences of my options be in 10 minutes, 10 months, and 10 years?”

::Maureen Dowd at the New York Times interviews the creators of Twitter to find out if they're "as annoying as their invention." (This interview has nothing to do with going green, but as a Twitter-hater, I found this piece amusing.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP