Noteworthy Green: Ingredient Disclosure, Grocery Savings, Mother Nature's Dow, and More

>> Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A few other blogs that I read have these news round-ups, and I enjoy them because they point me to interesting news and blog posts that I missed that week. So I thought I'd start doing one too.

Here's what I found interesting on the web this week:

::The Guardian points to a study indicating that fabric softeners, disinfectants, shampoos, and other household products “washed into sewers and rivers are triggering the growth of drug-resistant microbes.”

::JessTrev at The Green Phone Booth "rants about chemicals in personal care products and finds, to her delight, that parents around the country are mobilizing around this very issue."

::Get Rich Slowly suggests ways to save money on your grocery bills. It doesn't focus on a green lifestyle, but many of the principles still apply.

::Ecomii reminds you to consider green tax credits when filing your taxes.

::The New Dream Blog discusses seafood and its environmental impact: "Bad news for fish lovers: according to Kim, [Executive Director for the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society] other than an individual catching his or her own fish, there isn’t a truly sustainable way to manage our ocean’s fisheries.”

::Tiny Choices looks at greener moving options. Which is greener: collecting used boxes or renting collapsible plastic crates?

::Greenerbuildings.com analyzes the lack of gender diversity in construction related jobs such as building codes, environmental law, and alternative energy - a shame because “this is where the jobs are.”

::Thomas L. Friedman at the New York Times suggests that “if Mother Nature had a Dow, you could say that it, too, has been breaking into new (scientific) lows.” He asserts that we need a climate bailout along with the economic bailout, including energy efficient building codes, increased fuel efficiency standards, a national renewable portfolio standard, decoupling, and a carbon tax.

If you wrote or read anything noteworthy on the Internet this week, add it to the comments. I'd love to hear about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP