The Wonderful Blogs I Enjoy

>> Saturday, March 21, 2009


“This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day.”

Earlier this week, I was awarded my first blog award from Michelle over at An Organized Mess. Wow! I'm so honored...I'd like to thank my readers, who made this award possible. And of course my dear husband and children, who put up with my endless tap-tap-tapping away at the computer. And the environment, for giving me something to blog about. And, let's see...okay, it's not really that kind of award.

According to the rules, I'm supposed to pick fifteen other Wonderful Bloggers to pass the award on to, and then they're supposed to pick 15 other bloggers, and so on and so on.

Well, despite my mild-mannered appearance, I'm a rebel at heart, and I don't like to be told what to do. I'm also not big on chain letters, memes, email forwards, or Facebook apps, so although I'm very very grateful to Michelle for this honor, I'm afraid I'm going to have to break the chain.

I would still like to honor the bloggers whose writing I enjoy, but if I list your blog here, don't feel obligated to pass the award on to anyone else (unless you want to).

Allie at Allie's Answers provides a daily tip to help you green your life and gives product recommendations for great green products (but only the one's she likes per her "if you don't have anything nice to say" review policy).

Arduous might be the smartest blogger I read, but she's down-to-earth enough that I don't mind that she's smarter than me.

Fake Plastic Fish is my hero.

The eco-heroes at The Green Phone Booth were some of my first finds in green blog reading, and are still my favorite.

New Dream Blog and Living Green Below Your Means are both products of my favorite organization, New American Dream. Together they keep me updated on environmental news, New Dream news, and living green on a budget.

You can't go wrong with No Impact Man, even if he is the one and only male blogger in my Google reader.

30threads isn't a blog, but they highlight many of the blogs in the Triangle area, so I always know what's happening around here. I also enjoy New Raleigh, for the same reason.

Closely related is Ginny from the Blog, which is written by one of the creators of 30threads.

The blogger over at Less Is Enough caught national attention when she decided to try eating for a month on $1 a day, but she caught my attention because she's local - she lives in Durham.

Raleigh Eco News is another local blogger, for those who like to keep their reading close to home.

A Chick with a Conscience doesn't blog nearly as much as I wish she would. She's a talented writer and artist who gets me thinking every time she adds a post. Other eco-bloggers who don't post often enough are Green Resolutions and Greening Families.

And last but not least is a new find, Smart Family Tips, who has the best tagline: Save a little time, Save a little money, Save a little planet.

All of you listed here are Wonderful Bloggers, and I want you to know how excited I get every time I see something new from you in my Google Reader.

And to all my friends and family who write a personal blog: Just because you're not listed here doesn't mean I don't love you. I just wasn't sure if you wanted me sending strangers your way to view pictures of your kids...But I get excited when I read your posts too!

7 comments:

Green Resolutions March 21, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

Thanks so much! I love blogging and wish I could spend more time on my blog, which really began as a means of motivating myself but has turned into a source of inspiration and support because of the people I "meet" through blogging -- people like you! And I probably could post more, but then I wouldn't have time to read as many blogs -- as it is, I don't comment as often as I'd like :)

Beth @ Smart Family Tips March 22, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

Thanks so much for the mention! I'm thoroughly enjoying the new (to me) world of blogging.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper March 23, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Green Resolutions - I appreciate the time you put into the Going Green yahoo group as well. You do have your hands full!

Beth - Blogging is definitely addictive!

Steph @ Greening Families March 23, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

Thanks for the encouragement to blog more frequently! I've been working to carve out more time to blog and this mention made those efforts seem more worthwhile.

Thanks for making my day!

Gaell April 6, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ann

http://externallaptop.net

Gaell April 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ann

http://externallaptop.net

Erin aka Conscious Shopper April 7, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

Ann - Glad you're enjoying the blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP