February Round-Up

>> Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We did pretty well this month, but there have been some consistent differences in each category between what I'm spending and what I've budgeted. I need to adjust the categories of my budget to better reflect our spending, but I'm waiting for our house to sell (fingers crossed, sometime next month).

Monthly Spending (budgeted amount in parentheses)

  • Groceries: $686.14 ($500)
  • Transportation: $134.93 ($300)
  • Electricity: $96.14 ($150)
  • Water/Sewer: $20.00 ($50)
  • Entertainment/Miscellaneous: $298.03 ($300)
  • Clothes: $0 (no set budget)
  • TOTAL: $1235.24 ($1,300)

Trash Report: 5 bags of trash (13 gallon bags); 1 bag each of metal, plastic, glass, and paper (reusable bags about the size of a paper grocery bag)


Changes I Made This Month:

Goals for Next Month:
  • Deodorant, shampoo, and conditioner
  • Check out Durham SEEDS
  • Attend more Sierra Club meetings

5 comments:

Jenn February 18, 2009 at 6:45 AM  

Hi - I am not sure if I've ever posted a comment here before... but I found your blog through another green blog posting. Thought I would say, "hi".

I was going to leave a suggestion for you to try for your next month's goals. I've been using a homemade deodorant for about 6 months now and it works better than any commercial brand (more cost effective, too) and I just started using JR Liggits shampoo bar. The bar is supposed to last as long as a 24 oz bottle of shampoo. Good luck~

Erin aka Conscious Shopper February 18, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Jenn, What do you use for the homemade deodorant? Also, where do you get your shampoo bar? I tried the Burt's Bees Rosemary and Mint shampoo bar, and it made my hair a greasy mess. I'm willing to give a different shampoo bar a try, though.

Thanks for the suggestions!

JessTrev February 18, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Hey Erin, I like Lush's shampoo bars and they a)recently stopped using plastic packaging and b)are supposed to be phasing out parabens. I'd check on both, though. I bought mine in a little tin container for reuse. Love that you came in under budget! You go, conscious shopper....

Erin aka Conscious Shopper February 20, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

JessTrev, Thanks for the tip! There's a Lush store here in the Triangle, so I'll have to give it a try.

gfh July 13, 2009 at 5:48 AM  

you can get Wow Power Leveling and wow gold wow power leveling

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP