>> Monday, January 19, 2009
Considering that this was the holidays, I don't think we did too badly. Of course, we went way over budget on entertainment, but that's Christmas for ya...
Monthly Spending (budgeted amount in parentheses)
- Groceries: $426.43 ($500)
- Transportation: $290.59 ($300)
- Electricity: $93.38 ($150)
- Water/Sewer: $20.00 ($50)
- Entertainment/Miscellaneous: $593.29 ($300)
- Clothes: $13.52 (no set budget)
- TOTAL: $1437.21 ($1,300)
Trash Report: 5 bags of trash (13 gallon bags); 1 bag of metal and 2 bags of paper (reusable bags about the size of a paper grocery bag)
Changes I Made This Month:
- I didn't do too much because the holidays have kept me busy, but I have started taking a closer look at my personal care products and will continue that next month.
Goals for Next Month:
- more personal care products - specifically focusing on plastic use
- I'm attending a meeting sponsored by the Sierra Club this weekend to learn about getting Raleigh to build more energy efficient. I also plan to attend some Sierra Club committee meetings this month.