Make Your Own: Body Lotion

>> Monday, January 12, 2009

I have very dry sensitive skin, so winter for me is the season of constantly putting on lotion. This recipe is the best homemade lotion I've found for my skin. It soaks into the skin and makes my hands feel moisturized instead of coated with oil like other homemade lotions I've tried. And the best part is the cost! It's made from all organic ingredients but only cost me a couple dollars to make.

Basic Glycerin Lotion Formula
(from Better Basics for the Home)

1/2 c. distilled water
1/2 c. organic aloe vera gel
2 tsp. vegetable glycerin
2 tsp. organic avocado oil
10-20 drops essential oil of your choice

Combine the ingredients in a bowl, and mix with a hand mixer or whisk. Dab some on your fingers and massage into your skin.

4 comments:

Leigh,  January 14, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

I'll have to try it. The dry air is the most trying part of living in New Mexico.

Erin aka Conscious Shopper January 14, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

Leigh, I spent a summer living with my grandparents in Utah when I was in college, and it was killer on my skin. I prefer humidity. :) Let me know how you like the lotion!

Eco Yogini December 21, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

wow really? it's that easy?? coooool...

a friend just gave me some handmade lotion that she made yesterday for xmas.... she said it was easy too.

I gotta try it! (I also am not very happy with dry air-winter time).

Erin aka Conscious Shopper December 22, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

@Eco Yogini - I like this lotion because it's simple to whip up and doesn't leave my hands feeling greasy, but if this doesn't work for you, you should give Jenn's beeswax lotion recipe a try (she posted it over the the Green Phone Booth). It's a creamier, more lotiony type of lotion.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP