Did He Know I'd Go So Green When He Married Me?

>> Saturday, November 8, 2008

I signed up for a challenge from Joyce over at Tall Grass Worship to blog about gratitude for the whole month of November. I think this is an awesome challenge that will set the right tone for the upcoming Christmas holiday.

I promise that in the future, I will tie the gratitude theme more into the theme of this blog: going green on a budget. But today is my birthday, and today I feel awe and gratitude for my amazing husband, who knows me oh so well. So today you get to read about that.

Although the budget is really tight right now as we're struggling to sell our house in Maryland and also pay for an apartment in Raleigh, my husband asked me if I would be very upset if he got me a small something for my birthday. The very fact that he asked me shows how well he knows my frugal side, but guess what he got me (without any prompting from me)? A stainless steel water bottle. The perfect gift! (Except maybe a compost bin for some red wrigglers, but maybe I'll get that next year.)

He also talked me into heading up to Maryland for the weekend so we could attend the Green Festival in DC. I had decided that we shouldn't go, but he reminded me how much I really wanted to and helped me figure out the money issue. So we left the kids with a friend and spent the afternoon amongst the DC crunchy crowd learning about cradle-to-cradle design, compressed earth bricks, and the 12 step program to saving the planet. I'll blog more about those later. Right now the point is simply this:

After almost seven years, I still really love my husband.

Happy 30th to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP